Friday, August 2, 2013

The 2/2 at 6 Challenge


Okay, so here we are at six months into the 2/2 Challenge and I thought I would give you an update as to how I’m doing. I’m a little lighter and a little heavier. Luckily, lighter on weight and heavier on finished novels. Just where I want to be. Losing weight is still a challenge, but I’m trying to do that every day. Here’s a way to approach goals that will hopefully motivate you.

Step one: Decide what you don’t want.
Make you goals achievable and real. Wishing and hoping for things that might be out of your reach is counterproductive. So, instead of the nebulous wish of staying home and writing, I’ve created the goal of producing as many quality books as I can. That I can control.

Step two: Dream a little
Let yourself dream about your goals. There’s nothing wrong with that. I think about what it will feel like to be thinner, healthier. I envision myself in some cute outfit I used to get into that now just sits in my closet. I also dream about the future books I’m going to write and get all excited about that goal. So, just dream a little. It won’t hurt.

Step three: Backtrack.
So, now take those visions of what you want to accomplish and moved backwards.  How will this work? What will you do? What steps can you take? Then get it done.

Step four: Make a plan, make it happen.
A dream with a deadline becomes a goal.  A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan, and a plan backed up by action makes your dreams come true.  The key is to work backwards to create the reality you want.  The key is to do something, ANYTHING every single day that will get you closer to your goal.  Keep on moving forward and success won't be far behind.

Step five: Remember the Law of GOYA.
Yes, keep in mind the Law of Attraction and all 7 Universal Laws.  It's exciting to think about co-co-creating with the Universe.  But don't leave it totally up to the universe, remember part of setting a goal is working towards it, so Get Off Your @$$ (GOYA)! Want your dream life to become a reality? Get to work.  Want it to show up faster? Work harder.  This won't happen overnight, but it will happen over many overnights. Time equals change equals your vision of what you want.

Don’t fall into the misconception that your happiness and success is under anyone's control but yours. Your future has been and will always be smack dab under your control. Whatever you dream and work towards is possible. You can create what you want to be or do by working toward that life everyday. Part of this whole process is trusting that the powers that be know what you need even better than you do. So, trust in that, throw away the fear and allow change to become part of your journey to what you want to accomplish. Keep moving forward. I know I will.